Thursday 17 December 2015


I teach a Year 5 class this year at Sans Souci Public School in the St George area to the south of Sydney. This is my tenth year teaching and I have experience teaching from Kindergarten to Year 6 but have more experience in Stage 2 and 3.
I am very passionate about incorporating technologies into my teaching practices and engaging the students with challenging and creative tasks.
I am one of the leaders of the Technology Team in my school and designing and implementing professional development for staff on new technology.  I have led the plan to introduce BYOD into my school in 2016 which included developing a BYOD Action Plan for 2015-16, BYOD Code of Conduct and Discipline Policy, conducting BYOD/Technology staff, student and parent surveys, BYOD Parent information Package and led the presentation of the a Parent Information evening on BYOD.
I actively incorporate technology into my classroom teaching practices. This year led the implementation of Google classroom and apps into Stage 3. Also regularly explore a range of apps and technologies including the apps Explain Everything, iMovie, My Create, Popplet Lite, iTunes U, Strip Design, Google Drive, Google Classroom and a range of other apps and resources.
I enjoy creating student directed and project based learning tasks where the students lead the learning. I am always looking for new ways to challenge and engage students. Learning that provides opportunities for students to question, critically analyse and find solutions to problems.
I own my own iPad and regularly exploring and looking for new inspiring ways to incorporate technology.
I am looking forward to working through this subject and discussing technology and teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment